1 yr old corn, hungry boy

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by cwaweeks, Nov 12, 2008.

1. cwaweeks

cwaweeks New Member

I just want to make sure all is well. I have a 1 yr old corn that eats a hopper once a week. I'm thinking I need to move to 2 hoppers since this guy is always acting hungry. He bit me for the first time last weekend because he was so anxious to get to the food. My fault 100%. I have nice little pinprick marks on my finger. Surprisingly didn't hurt much but bled like a stuck pig. Anyway, sheds are perfect, temp and humidity great. His hungry behavior has made it to where I'm nervous to handle him much. He used to just be content to wind around my fingers, but now just wants to get away. And now I'm afraid he will bite because he is in food mode. I am looking at getting a snake hook for taking him in and out of the tank, and I always feed him outside of the tank. But he still looks at my hand as if it might be food.

This was him when I first got him. What morph does he look like?
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. MimC

MimC Moderator

You can definately go up to two hoppers :unsure: Could you post a pic of what he looks like now?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Herp__Kid

Herp__Kid Member

id say amel for the morph, maybe hypo, but i doubt it. he could do two hoppers a week.

nice looking snake btw

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

if it acting hungry than give it more food. Useall if corn are well fed (not over fed) they are docile and good to be handled with out them biting.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. asiandude

asiandude New Member

at one year old...shouldn't it eat regular mouse??

Just me suggestion...i just start owning one myself. Maybe the hopper are not the right size prey.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. MimC

MimC Moderator

It depends on the size of the snake...all snakes grow at different rates, you want to cater the size prey to the size of the snake, not the age ;)

12. patfusster

patfusster Embryo

It looks like an amel also known as normal albino. You would probably do well feeding it 2 hopper mice a week.
    Some of mine eat twice a week. Just make sure that it has a bowel movement before feeding a second time in a week.
    That's a normal feeding for my yearlings.