1000 mealies Im so excited!

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by Leona&Amy, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Leona&Amy

Leona&Amy Well-Known Member

I ordered 1000 mealies from worm mans worm farm last week and they should be here tomorrow. Im so excited to get them. Ive never ordered anything online before (can you tell?!?!). I want to start breeding them so Ill never have to go to a 'pet' store again!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

I've used them a couple times and have been very happy with them. I've gotten meal and wax worms a couple times.
    Let me know how it goes. Now that I've figured out how to get mine to eat supers, I'll be getting more and hopefully moving down to mealies.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Leona&Amy

Got em this morning and they look good. I like their way of shipping em but there is one thing Id change if I could. They put the mealies in the center of a sheet of news paper and kinda crumple it up and put it in a loosely woven cloth bag(like cheese cloth) tie it up and into the box. The news paper is what I dont like. There were little holes in the news paper like the mealies ate it. Isnt the ink bad and will it harm the mealies and my leo??

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. RobAtPace

RobAtPace New Member

abit late... but most new ink is from a soy based product.

i wouldn't be crazy about it, but it isn't dangerous...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Leona&Amy

(Late is better than never, thanks RobAP!) At least you replied! Thats alot more then other people can say. I was worried about it for a while but then I figured they must have got it out of their system by now.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Member

Yeah, modern black newsprint is nontoxic, so I wouldn't be worried that they ate it. It wouldn't harm them or anything that ate them (or human babies that ate newspaper, which is why the ink was changed in the first place).

12. AP327

AP327 New Member

I ordered 1000 meal worms from them the other day and they arrived today in a box with pieces of egg crate in it, not the newspaper in a bag way you mentioned.

How did you have yours shipped? I got mine through fed-ex express.

13. Leona&Amy

I cant remember off hand what carrier service was used in my case. But Ill find out. Maybe they didnt like that method either and changed their ways.