10g lizard

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by fishbrain, Jun 17, 2006.

1. fishbrain

fishbrain New Member

any that you know of besides anoles and leopard geckos? I've been away from resaerching for a new pet b/c I had just started another aquarium project and I would like a colorful, fairly docile lizard. IF i could just get suggestions so I know what I can do, that would be amazing. I am very dedicated at anyhting I do but space is a problem for me, I have a small bedroom (hence the 10gal). So I think I could be up for a challenge, and I am not intimidated by the care requirements of these creatures except for space. If anyone would like to give their $.02, that would be cool, thanx!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. fishbrain

fishbrain New Member

oh what about viper gecko's would one or two of those be o.k.? I can't find any care sheets on them at the moment tho...

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

I can think of pictus geckos, viper geckos, and AFT's. The pictus and vipers could spend their whole lives in a 10 gal., but an AFT would probably be more comfortable in a 20L. A crestie might be good, but you would need a bigger tank as well.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. fishbrain

fishbrain New Member

I've researched cresties and whats and atf, sorry I'm still a newb when It comes to abbreviations, in almost eveything. what about a spider gecko, I just read a profile on them and they said if the were multiple levels for it to climb, a 10g would be o.k. what do you think?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MAtt!123

MAtt!123 Member

Spider geckos are nice. I think multi levels are good, but I'm not sure what the minimum tank size for them are.
    AFT- African Fat Tailed Gecko. Their care requirements are similar to leos, but I think they like it cooler on the hot side. They're also shorter from snout to tail.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. fishbrain

fishbrain New Member

oh, thanx much, are those basically the only ones that can live in small environments?

12. Saucy

Saucy Well-Known Member

Yeah... AFTs and Leos need a bigger tank... as do cresties. Hmm... Vipers are a definite yes.

13. fishbrain

fishbrain New Member

k, thanx, I knew about the cresties. it says spider geckos can live in a 10g if they have multiple levels, whick I could definately do.