2:1 calcium/phosphorus

Discussion in 'Iguanas' started by sadsapysucker, Jul 5, 2005.

1. sadsapysucker

sadsapysucker New Member

does anyone use the calcium/phosphorus powdered supplement on their igs food. i have been feeding him mustard greens, collard greens, kale, dandelion greens, some squash, and a little strawberry. i recently saw him finally start to eat. should i be adding the supplement on. i was reading the iguanaden diet and it said not too but he doesn't eat more than like a couple bits a day so i'm not sure if he needs some supplement? any suggests.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. longjane

longjane New Member

This is where people have difference in opinion. Depending on how well balanced your igs diet is...(and you are right, it is not simply what you feed but what he chooses to eat that counts) I feel that, because I've read about the positive effects of dusting with supplement and never read about negative effects.......it can't hurt. I dust Isaac's food twice per week.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

I'd dust it at least once a week even if he's eating really well. It's kind of like humans, even though your diet may be fairly well balanced, most people still need a vitamin supplement. It's really the overuse of the powder that could lead to problems. Since it sounds like you have a picky eater, You might want to try to mix a pinch of powder in some fruit baby food or mash it in with some strawberry or any other fruit he's likely to eat. I know our's wouldn't touch her food with the powder on it.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sadsapysucker

sadsapysucker New Member

yeah he finally started eating now, but doesn't seem to like strawberries or when i grate squash on his food. just seems to like all the greens. so i'll start dusting his food once a week. thanks for the help!!!