2 female rats and a cane toad

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by BigS06, Sep 27, 2010.

1. BigS06

BigS06 Member

So I'm kind of aggravated that I need to post in the adoption forums yet again, but I don't really have any other options. In a months time I will be leaving the Chicago area for New Albany, Indiana. I found an apartment that will allow our (my girlfriend and I) critters and we have started the moving process. A week after my significant other calls to tell me the landlord inquired about our pets and said she would absolutely not allow "disgusting rats" or a "dangerous toad". Our snakes aren't a problem though??? I don't know what to make of it all really. I'm not willing to ship, and the rats are NOT FEEDERS/BREEDERS. The rats don't come with a cage as the critter-nation they are living in does not belong to me, and my girlfriend wants the toads 20L for fish so that's a no go as well.
    email or text for pics/info

Thanks for looking, -Nick

hmutalisk@aol.com/815-341-0771

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Rea Siewick

Rea Siewick New Member

I love rats, so here is a bump for you.
    but sadly I live nowhere near Chicago or Indiana,
    so I can't really help much. D:

bit of advice though,
    You should explain to her that calling Fancy Rats normal wild Rats is the same as calling someone's pet Dog a Wolf.

they have been bred over many CENTURIES to be soft, friendly, gentle, and clean.
    I cannot think of any defense for the toad, but dangerous? what is she thinking?? >__<
    compared to snakes, a toad is really safe..
    and they're all safe if handled properly anyways..
    methinks she is crazy :c

i'm sorry you have to give up your pets. ):

Cookie17 likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cookie17

Cookie17 HOTM Winner June

I love rats but too bad I'm in VA. and my mom is terrified of rats "because they are so smart". Squirrels are smarter... (rats are 2nd smartest rodent, squirrels are 1st smartest) and she has no problem with them. well besides finding them annoying moochers. We had a bird feeder up and the climbed the pole to it. We put up a squirrel blocker, they got around it.
    Rats are not disgusting. I've been trying to explain this to my mom for a very long time. She allowed mice but won't allow rats. My sister had two pet rats hidden in her closet and blamed me because I was the one who asked for rats. My sister however never asked because she knew my mom would say no (to any animal) so she got them behind her back. Those two girls have since been rehomed at my other sister's house. Rats are naturally clean animals. they don't like living in filth. they adapt fairly well though, and do it to survive. If living in filth is the only way to survive, then they do it. It's not their fault they got a bad rep :(
    As for the toad... It is poisonous, but I doubt it'll ever be taken out of it's enclosure. Some people don't understand our fascination with certain pets. I wish there were ways to explain their charming-ness. :D
    Good luck with finding them good homes, I wish you the best and safe travels.