2 lizard or not 2 lizard??

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by jane123, Oct 12, 2006.

1. jane123

jane123 New Member

Hello can anyone advise me? I want to get a pair of lizards to live together in a 2ftx1ftx15ins tank, that dont hide during daylight and are easy for youngsters to start off with. Some one recommended wall lizards ??

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JBCT

JBCT New Member

I used to keep these guys when I was a kid. Though they are European they have established themselves in some areas of the US. And they are staying.

Its odd that I never see these in the pet trade. Perhaps there is a restriction on importing them since they have established themselves here. And since they are so common obviously no one is breeding them.

If I remember correctly they were sturdy little guys. Very tolerant of temps and good eaters. Since they are small they of course need small food items. Adults get to be somewhere between 6-8".

They would do ok in that size vivaria. They are pretty active so a bit more width would be nice but that would suffice for a pair. They would make a good starter lizard for youngsters. They do have delicate tails so you may want to teach the children not to grasp them by the tail as it will easily break off.

They are active during the day and enjoy basking. Thats how they got their name from hanging out on rock walls. When not basking they like to hide in crevices so snug hiding places should be provided.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jane123

jane123 New Member

thanks JBCT I may have more luck finding them in the uk , they sound ideal, the grandchildren love my gecks but I wanted something a bit more active for them.