2 male uros together

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by UroLover, Aug 4, 2005.

1. UroLover

UroLover New Member

my two males are hate to be apart. no problems at all, YET!! When they get older should i seperate them???

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Tico

Tico New Member

no i wouldn't because thay have bin together since you'v got them thay could get stresed out.

Tico

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Uro_wraith

Uro_wraith New Member

If they become aggressive towards one another. Reguardless one will be more dominant than the other. If it becomes a problem or an issue than you will need to seperate them.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. UroLover

UroLover New Member

Thanks guys!! Hey TICO where do you live?? HA HA HA, JUST KIDDING

UroLover

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Jeff

Jeff Embryo

Males are territorial and never should be kept together. Also, reptiles arent social animals and don't "miss" each other.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Ternaldo

Ternaldo New Member

Uros have been succesfully kept together as males but there are a few deciding factors you must take into consideration.
    -All males are teritorial
    -Alot of avid disputes can be avoided with adaquate space and the absence of females
    -The type of uromastyx
    These are the biggest deciding factors with uros. I have a big enough tank for my two male Nigers and there are no females. They have been tank buddies for a while but you must always have a second tank ready incase one of them actually starts becoming agressive. Just keep an eye out

12. Uro_wraith

Uro_wraith New Member

In this case, which correct me if I am wrong there is about a 3" over-all size difference and they haven't been in the best of health. If it were me I would seperate them until Mumbo was 200 grams and Nevin was 140 grams. Yet with the new set-up they may both put on significant weight and perk up. Hopefully, but before I would put them in the new enclosure together. I would have a fecal done and then seperate them. Treating them individually until they were healthy. Also without seeing pics and just going off discriptions I would say they are male and female. This may not be the case though. JMO

13. UroLover

UroLover New Member

Hey hombre maybe yours don't "miss" each other but my uros do if i seperate nevin will run like a freak looking everwhere for mumbo. and if i take nevin away from mumbo, mumbo will do the same thing.
    but when i put them back together they will smell one another to see where they have been. then they will go onto there reptile hamock together, nevin(my little one) will lay on mumbo, and they will stay there for about 30mins. so mine DO MISS EACH OTHER. Sorry but mine do. And now they are in MUCH BETTER health. the cage is nice and big. they are both eating really good so unless intimidation becomes an issue im pretty sure that i wont seperate them.

UroLover

14. Uro_wraith

Uro_wraith New Member

Hombre do you keep Uro's or just Leopards???

Keeping two males together is not totally out of the question. They have to be watched carefully and observed. If an issue arises than they should be seperated. The larger will be dominant in the majority of cases. Eventually they will both be of about the same size and mature. At this point or possably before, there may be an issue. But as long as they are healthy and eating well. Than there is no reason to seperate them. If I have missed something than someone please point it out to me.

UroLover - My concerns were for there health. If I came off as harsh I didn't mean too. Just going off the information I had and it was a bad day.

15. UroLover

UroLover New Member

I'm pretty sure that health is no issue anymore. But i understand about coming of harsh it's fine. because my last post i did it was a bad day for me to.

UroLover