2 ques. on new tokay

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by stickybud, Feb 22, 2008.

1. stickybud

stickybud Embryo

i got my tokay about a week ago, waited 48 hours till his first feeding, i notices he only eats maybe one cricket a day, if that. i know he is still juevenile, but tha is a little less i thought. my old whites treefrog, as a juevy, ate like 5-6 large crickets a night.but i souldnt be comparing the two.
    also, i have one of the red night lights that i use day and night, but when it is on he stays hidden in his cave or little coconut shell thing, but when it is off, he is jumpin from wall to wall climbin on the vines, he is very active. when the light is off the tank drops to the 60's which is not good.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stickybud

stickybud Embryo

how do i add a pic?? third ques. haha

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

Seeing as you only got him a week ago, he may still be getting used to his new enclosure. They can take a week or two to settle in. Is the red night a reptile bulb? Not one of the party bulbs which are just white bulbs painted?

If you did not want a light, you can get a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) which are good, basically like a lightbulb, but produce no light (so in actual fact, they are NOTHING like a lightbulb :))

As for the third question, check your PM, i've sent you a tutorial on how to post pics.

Welcome to the forums!

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. stickybud

stickybud Embryo

thanks for everythin, and yes it is a reptile bulb, can i put a CHE in a regular dome light? it is olny a 5 inch one on the cheaper side

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Jubay_515

Jubay_515 Embryo

hey sticky, i had the same thing with mine and she seems to be up to like 3 or 4 a day, so i get her about a dozen or so a week. oh yea i have had her for about 3 weeks now and shes a juvie too