2 water dragons, eastern ct

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by Spazzy3, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Spazzy3

Spazzy3 New Member

I really really hate to do this but, I finally decided that I have to find a new home for my 2 female Chinese water dragons. They were my very first reptiles and it just kills me to have to leave them, but in this situation I think its best for them. We're in the prosess of moving, and selling our house. Im not here much, and as soon as school starts I'll be here even less. They were used to coming out of their cage daily and running around (sometimes I would bring them outside) but now Im not around enough to take them out, I just have time to feed them, change their water and thats about it. They don't get their "out" time like they used to. Im not sure if the lack of attention is what triggered it, but they have started fighting horribly. They have been together for over 2 years, without a problem. They are in a 6' tall cage and have never fought the entire time I have had them until now. I have absolutly no way of separating them, I have zero empty cages what could house a water dragon.
    Im guessing these guys are around 4 years old. They are both pet store "rescues" so they didnt have the greatest care to start. They are both close to 20". They have both layed eggs this summer (infirtile, I have never breed either of them). I dont usualy use their names but just to tell them apart, Bella is the one that is attacking. Mia is the one who is being attacked. Mia has been housed with 3 other water dragons once (staying at a friends with water dragons while I was away) and she doesnt try to dominate them, so she would be okay if you wanted to keep her with other water dragons. But Bella would need to be housed serpartly, or be adopted by someone else. They eat crickets and superworms, but they really love earthworms whenever you can get them. I know there is no selling allowed on this site, so I cannot give them cage with them (since they need to be separate anyways). It cost $600+ to build it, and since I didn't pay for it, my parants would kill me if I just "gave it away".
    I live in eastern ct, they are for pickup only. If I can at least find a home for one it will stop the stress on both of them from the fighting.

Bella is in the front, Mia in the back. (Bella looks fatter because she was just about to lay eggs)
    [​IMG]