3 1/2 foot female rescued Iggy needs new home

Discussion in 'Animal Adoptions' started by bratspets, Sep 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bratspets

bratspets Member

My husband just gave me the ultimatum today. Iggy can no longer "free roam" in our living room, and he won't let me spend the money needed for her upkeep. I live about 45 minutes west of Roanoke, Virginia.
    :cry:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. crazyman1378

crazyman1378 New Member

leave the husband and keep the iggy

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. LeoGeckos-Rule

LeoGeckos-Rule Member

if u love the iggy dont let your husband walk all over you, a pet is for life and if u love it than y should u have to give it away, unless theres a reason but it sounds like there isnt.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. bratspets

bratspets Member

Ha. You are too funny, Crazyman...how I fell in love with a plant guy instead of an animal guy...hmmmm...but he is a keeper. Marriage is for life.

Leo...The cost is the reason, and I love my husband more than the iguana. We may be moving out of state within a year, and need to cut costs.

I originally took Iggy on with the intent of finding her a home after getting her used to handling, etc. She was a rescue, imprisoned in a dirty 20 gallon tank. It has stretched past a year, and finding good homes for adult Iggys, as you know, is not an easy thing. Maybe he will soften on this, but I still need to try. Let me know if you are interested.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. crazyman1378

crazyman1378 New Member

unfortunatly my female iggy that has free roam probably will not like her being here other wise i would..

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. jami

jami Member

i might be send me pics of her jami

12. bratspets

bratspets Member

13. bratspets

bratspets Member

Well, I still have to find a decent home for Iggy, but the good news is that she can free roam again.

Since I am home once again to watch her (she was a bad girl while I was away and climbed up on top of the fish tank), she can sleep on her heating pad on the shelf near the window (she personally chose this spot). In the morning I put her in her cage for basking, then breakfast and a good spraying. She loves that.

Later she lets me know she wants out, so she gets to freeroam. She lays on our couch under the lamp, or on the floor in the sun. She also gets a trip outside for a beech and climatis leaf snack and another spraying.
    She puts herself to bed on her heating pad around 4:00 in the afternoon.

I am treating the nose rub with neosporin cream and it appears to be helping. The ointment didn't seem to do it. But maybe it is the extra basking time and vitamins...I hear nose rubs are really from husbandry problems, not from digging to get out. She still needs better care, and she is a character. (She flashed my hubby's ear while I was gone...he said he picked her up just like I do...) lol :D

14. crazyman1378

crazyman1378 New Member

the rubbing is cause by husbandry probs because of something thats not right like tank size it hot or cold, ect... which makes them rub and cause the sores

15. bratspets

bratspets Member

Yes, and I agree with that, crazy. I pray the right person comes to rescue her from the rescuer... :roll:

16. bratspets

bratspets Member

17. crazyman1378

crazyman1378 New Member

shes soooooo cute... i wish i could take her....you should try the local collages...the biology or ap professors might take her?

18. MegannLizzy

MegannLizzy New Member

I would take her i live in Mass tho, looking for another female. please email me seannmegans@aol.com

19. bratspets

bratspets Member

Get my e-letter Megan? It would be neat for Lizzy to have a sister. Let me know if you are interested.

20. teh_angry_g00se

teh_angry_g00se New Member

Oh My Goodness!..What a Gorgeous iggy!...I would take her in a HEARTBEAT, but i already have a female ( and she no likey other igggys- ive had one, didnt work too well). What a shame that you cant keep her..absolutly GORGEOUS!

21. bratspets

bratspets Member

Thanks...I would love to keep her...alas my lass must go... :cry:

22. crazyman1378

crazyman1378 New Member

have you found anyone for her yet

23. bratspets

bratspets Member

Two interested, but out of state...checking on shipping availability, feasability and costs involved.
    By the way, I got her a UVB light. Paid cash from my art class money. She seems more content.

24. bratspets

bratspets Member

Well, I have decided against shipping, so anyone who is interested needs to be able to pick her up. I am in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia...time to take that scenic autumn drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway?
    email: bratspets@yahoo.com

25. bratspets

bratspets Member

Well, a couple came by to see her today, and said they want her. I gave them six care sheets to read, from anapsid.com, and told them to call me if they are still interested. He has had snakes, alligators and an iguana before (lived in Florida). What else do I look for in a new owner?

They were very comfortable with her, said they would get her vet checked, build her an enclosure and let her free roam a lot, that money was no problem. They have no other animals, just kids around 5 and 7.
    Anything else I should ask about? They will probably want to get her Thursday or Friday.

Oh, I never cry... :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.