3 month old Mali-not eating/dehydrated

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by hairlikeafox, Jan 21, 2006.

1. hairlikeafox

hairlikeafox New Member

Well, I had got a new Mali just before Christmas, had the little guy for 11 days before he died. We got a refund on the Mali and got a new little baby 3 monthish. He a cutey, but he's very skinny and hes flat, like his stomach is flat and so is his tail, which is not a good thing. I dont believe hes eating that much and I dont know what to do. I do not want this little guy to die too, its my brothers pet and they were soo upset when the other one died...

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Pat

Pat New Member

have you taken him to a vet to get a fecal sample yet? Its very possible that the little guy has parasties if you got him from a store (or anywhere but directly from the breeder for that matter), and he wont really be able to gain much weight back until the parasties are gone. Until you can get him to a vet, i would suggest urdering the salad topper from cricketfood, it may halp getting the little guy eating.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. hairlikeafox

hairlikeafox New Member

Alright, my moms been wanting to buy that stuff for a while now. We have a strong feeling he's going to be dead by then. His poop isnt runny or anything so we didnt even think of parasites. I dunno.. we dont really have the money for another vet visit

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. hairlikeafox

hairlikeafox New Member

Well, we've just started feeding him with a suringen and babyfood, the one witht he highest Protein we could find, but we were un able to get his jaw to open, so by use of a toothpick, and alot of patience we'd pull down his lower lip a bit, put a small amount of food in and wait till he'd eat it up and repeat the process. I dont know if its going to help, but hes getting some food in his system.