40 Breeder + Thermostat

Discussion in 'Corns & Rat Snakes' started by asiandude, Oct 18, 2008.

1. asiandude

asiandude New Member

Okay, I have a minor problem that seem to not be solve.

I have a 40 breeder critter that has the screen that slide in and out. I use the 500R thermostat and have to squeeze the wire into the cage so that it can be on top of the UTH.

My problem is that my corn is always trying to climb up the probe wire (which i hot glue it to the side of the tank away from the front glass). It would climb up and squeeze itself to the top front screen top, hiding itself there.

Has anyone try to tape the probe under the tank with the UTH instead of putting it inside tthe tank??

If there are any suggest plz help....

he would climb up there and is not a bit larger so it cant squeeze out.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

I don't know if its just my mind right now but I didn't quite understand. Mind explaining a bit more for me?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

Instead of glueing, I taped the probe in place with clear duct take/packing tape.

do you have hides in the take? if not , it needs to hide and it feels safe up there...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. asiandude

asiandude New Member

[​IMG]

(above) this is were he like to hide. Right in the corner of the screen top. Its to your upper left corner of the tank.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(above) to the left of the wooden hide, you can c the probe wire that i hot glue to the side of the tank. I also glue the probe near the UTH.

Dont want to use tape b/c it might get caught and rip its scale off.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Daggerlover

Daggerlover Well-Known Member

When Rayna was little, she used to climb to the top of her tank and curl up around the lid too. I didn't like it, but there wasn't much I could do about it!
    If you put the probe down with the UTH it will probably read hotter than it actually is inside the tank.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. asiandude

asiandude New Member

thnx.....this migh happen a few times which just scare me as he might try to escape. seem like he is big now and might not be able to squeeze out.

You have to put the probe ontop of the UTH or else it's not read the temp right. that how everyone does it.