48 state boa/reptile defense fund..

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by ssscales, Apr 10, 2007.

1. ssscales

ssscales Member

Darrin Brasher started this thread on another forum and I thought it was something we should all support and pass on. Not sure if this has been started in this forum already, but here it is.

Quote:
    48 state boa/reptile defense fund . Would you help?Pleae read this concerns us all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been talking with Pete about starting a true 48 state coalition of snake owners: perhaps The N.S.A. ( national snake owners of america). Bill Brant and Eugene Bisset are working in fla., many in texas , the carolinas , ohio still pending I believe but we need a true working political machine to fight for our rights and freedoms over this whole country. You can see the efforts of various states to divide and conquer us .This must be set up as a viable well funded organization ,with chapters in each state working as a STRONG voice of us all taken very seriously by the politicians who seek to destroy our hobby and business .Remember its not if they will hit your state its when . My question is this , how many of you would pay a yearly due of say $25-$50 bucks for membership to create a legal defense fund to lobby against those who would happily take our freedoms . The concern has been with those that I have talked with is that the financial support would not be there .We all know freedom isnt free .We must be offensive and not just defense . We must fight dollars with dollars . My question would you contribute to save what we have ?Bottom line is this , if we do not give a little we will loose everything !! We'll all be raising garter snakes instead of boas .

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. LeoLady

LeoLady Member

Is there a website someone has set up to get this started?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ssscales

ssscales Member

Nothing has been established yet, everyone is still brainstorming. It looks like there may be a gathering at Daytona for a meeting of the minds sort of speak.

Here is the logo Kevin (Scaleman) one of the members on another site came up with.
    [​IMG]