55 gallon deal

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Herpdude747, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Herpdude747

Herpdude747 New Member

Hello all! I was shopping the other day at WalMart (Supercenter) and saw a 55 gallon tank (4ft. W x 13 inches L x 20 inches H) for approx. $160 w/ fluorescent fixture (Not a lid, standard cover for fish tanks). Is this a good deal? Thank you.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mxracer4life_41

mxracer4life_41 Member

Not really, you can find better just by going to yard sales and asking around. I bought a fairly new 75gal with oak stand hood etc for $200. Don't get me wrong wal-mart doesn't have a bad price, but you might want to ck around first. later

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Herpdude747

Herpdude747 New Member

I was also wondering what was the size (20 in.W x 4ft. L x 13 in. H) of a standard 20/29 gal., 30 gal, and 50 gal.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. DaCubs

DaCubs Well-Known Member

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. iLLwiLL

iLLwiLL Member

you can use this formula to find volume in gallons, but you need to know the dims.

legenth (in inches) x Width (in inches) x height (in inches) x .00433

~Will.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. outback_fire

outback_fire Member

also try www.glasscages.com, i bought a tank from them and it has worked really well, the other good thing is that they cost only aobut a dollar a gallon.

12. Orangemen08

Orangemen08 Member

no i got mine for 20 bucks, but it was froma friend of a friend of a friend lol.. for a new one im not sure but i think they run around 100 bucks

13. jayhay

jayhay Well-Known Member

I just found a 75g(I think) in my parents attic! I am moving into my new house next month, so I am currently investigating my reptile options... I love free stuff!

14. shrap

shrap ReptileBoards Addict

Yard sales and the classifieds are great for aquariums. Every summer I see 20 gallon tanks for $5, 50 to 75 gallon tanks for $10-$20.

Also you can find 75 gallon tanks at pet stores around here for $95. No lid, just the tank.

15. Herpdude747

Herpdude747 New Member

Thanx, guys!

16. whitetiger7654

whitetiger7654 New Member

Where do you live? I'm in Orlando and have a tank to get rid of.

17. Herpdude747

Herpdude747 New Member

Oh sorry, this is kinda late, but I live in MT. Lebanon, Pittsburgh, PA, white tiger.

18. Sheila

Sheila Member

whitetiger7654, what size tank are you looking to get rid of? A possible 75? I live near Tampa. Is the tank in pretty good shape?

19. BXsLilPrinCesS

BXsLilPrinCesS New Member

in Petland they sometime put sales up with a 55g and a metal stand for $80. I don't know about you but in NYC thats the cheapest Ive ever seen brand new in a store.

20. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

Herpdude747, no way! you're in Lebanon? i'm in northside pitt! you should come hang out! :)

21. Herpdude747

Herpdude747 New Member

Really clarinet45?

22. Herpdude747

Herpdude747 New Member

Hey, clarinet45, please don't mind my asking, but I was just wondering how old you are. Have you been to Century 3 Mall? They have a shop called DoctorX there, you been there.

23. clarinet45

clarinet45 Well-Known Member

yep, been here for over a year. :) no, i don't drive and i go to the South hills mall on the T [trolley/train thingy] otherwise i go to the Robinson mall/Sam's Club when my roomie drives. im 19/F
    we're always looking for ppl to halo or smash with us [huge gamers]

24. Herpdude747

Herpdude747 New Member

Sorry!!!! I haven't been online awhile! Well, I'm only 11/M. I'm sorry does it say in your previous message that you like Halo? I do 2. (Rated M though!)