A baby :)

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by sebs, Mar 27, 2004.

1. sebs

sebs Embryo

Hi everybody,

I have a big terrarium (220g) that i made myself with real soil/plant and a waterfall.

I have about 7-8 Anoles in it, 4 tree frogs and one Clown Frog :)

Well about a year after, we got our first baby, and we did'nt even saw the egg :D

It's sooo tiny and i'm wondering if i should remove it from my tank, which has plenty of room, but the bigger Anoles or frog might eat them ?

...or they might have trouble finding cricket ?

What do you guys suggests ?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

I seperated my babies from the adults so they wouldn't get eaten. Mine were only in a 20G though. Maybe someone else can provide info based on a larger enclosure, but I would say seperate it until it is a bit larger.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Camillo

Camillo New Member

First of all, congratulations on the baby! That's always a good sign for anoles.

To answer your question, babies and adults should always be separated from the parents until they are big enough to defend themselves from being eaten.

By the way, what are the dimensions of the tank? Height/Length/Width, I mean. I'm trying to imagine a 220 gal. tank, and it's "inconTHEEvable" as of yet.

Also, are you sure there's only one? I'd be on the lookout in the future. The way anoles work, they lay multiple eggs from one breeding session. You're about to have plenty more baby anoles. I would suggest removing the eggs from the cage: crickets have a definite liking to eggs, as I found out the hard way.

Overall, I wish you luck and congratulations. The best wishes to you and your zoo :D

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. BeardieGuy

BeardieGuy Member

I think Anoles are wicked cool, I was getting some sand in petsmart today and one was doing a mating thing bobbing and puffing out his throat patch its real cool