a bucket-full of crap

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Rachael, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Spot

Spot ReptileBoards Addict

Have you thought about just moving the rat manually like how someone suggested earlier?
    also are you sure it's movement she's attracted to and not warmth? I have a friend whose snake will only eat a rat which is warm (like it's still alive) so she warms up the frozen rat (after thawing) in a baggie in warm water to raise it's temps.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Janice

Janice ReptileBoards Addict

Normally, when feeding frozen, you would thaw the rat out, in warm water, like Spot suggested, and you do the zombie rat dance. You just have to be persistent.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. FLBlue

FLBlue Member

and very patient. i do the zombie pinky dance for my grey rat snake. sometimes i get lucky though and i can just leave him alone in his deli cup with the thawed pinky and he'll eat it eventually.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. TáriStar

TáriStar Well-Known Member

I've always been scared of wacking living things on walls but thats a personal issue.

About the rat, Its the circle of life. Thats how I think of it, As cruel as the thought itself might be without the rat (or a rat) your snake couldn't eat and would starve.

I remember when I had my common snapper. She was fine on pellets up to a certain life stage-- then came the feeder fish... and eventualy i had to get mice for her. (Got em from a friend who's mouse had babies) and I remember how I felt putting the mouse in the water and letting it swim around till...

Well I once had a mouse that Fyre (my snapper) just wouldn't eat. So I put her in one of my spare 10g tanks. I felt bad watching her suffer after swimming in the cold water for 20 mins. Eventualy the mouse did get eaten but i know how you feel.