A couple diet questions

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by Icarus321, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Icarus321

Icarus321 New Member

Haha, I feel like I'm bombarding this forum with my questions, but here's a couple more! :oops:

I've been reading up on whether or not to feed uros crix, and I've read that the babies need crix once or twice a week to promote good growth because of the protien. Would this mean I'd have to feed my little mali a cricket or two per week, or is this too many bugs? Also, what about other types of bugs like worms? Any help is appreciated for my little guy.

Also, I was wondering if yellow and red peppers would be ok for him to eat. I haven't come across them in any readings that said one way or the other on them. Would they maybe be too acidic or something? Same goes for grape tomatoes, too acidic? Thanks for the help guys! I love this forum!
    :)

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Icarus321

Icarus321 New Member

Oh, forgot to ask. I plan on giving him a calcium/D3 supplement on his food twice a week. Should I be giving him a vitamin supplement as well?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Pat

Pat New Member

You definitely do not have to feed uros any bugs whatsoever. A mali wil live a perfeclty happy and healthy life without any. I have fed my Uros bell peppers before and know other keepers do, but do not know about any other types, and really do not know about tomatoes. My guess would be that just adding a different variety of dark, leafy greens would probably be much more nutritous.