A few Ball Python morphs from Daytona...

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by Axe, Nov 16, 2004.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

As far as camera setup on this one, again I was using my D100, with a custom curve. I didn't use the built-in flash for these, instead I used only my SB-50DX pointed directly at the subject. The SB-50DX flash was covered with a Lumiquest Mini-Softbox to diffuse the light a little and lessen the harshness of shadows.

The lens I used was the Nikon 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6D AF (I borrowed it from Uroplatus for the day to compare it to the 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G AF lens. For those interested, the G version of the lens does have a slightly closer minimal-focus-distance, but the D version of the lens is slightly sharper, and gives a better colour accuracy at the same camera settings.

Anyways, these are all juveniles, around the 15-18" long mark. First up is a Jungle Ball Python.
    [​IMG]

And now the Piebald, can't go to a show and not photograph a couple of these. Personally, the majority of piebalds don't appeal to me, but I do like the ones near total white with just the head and tail-tip showing regular markings.
    [​IMG]

And finally a rare treat for you all. This is a snow ball python. At the time of taking this photograph, one of only seven known snow ball pythons in the world.
    [​IMG]

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. stormyva

stormyva Well-Known Member

Awesome pics!

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JStrider

JStrider Member

that pie bald looks cool... wish ya had a pic of one stretched out a lil more...

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. roxy225

roxy225 New Member

Great pics, and you have awesome Ball Pythons!!

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

Oh, I WISH they were mine. Those were taken at the National Reptile Breeders Expo at Daytona in August (the same weekend Hurricane Charley beat the hell out of everywhere from Ft. Myers & Punta Gorda to Daytona and everything in between.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. roxy225

roxy225 New Member

Ohh, well they're still awesome pics!