A few pics from Tinley [Anticlimactic, I promise]

Discussion in 'Photos & Photography' started by JEFFREH, Oct 10, 2011.

1. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

So I brought a camera with me the Tinley Park NARBC show this weekend with full intentions of taking tons of pictures of the show and the awesome animals there. Well, I lack in camera skills and became so absorbed with the utter awesomeness of the place that I totally forgot I even had a camera. So I'll throw some random shots of the show itself; very lame, but I promised a couple of members I would take pics =P

So I show up at 9:50am and this is what I get to see. Two lines; and this picture is only a small portion of ONE of the lines of people waiting to enter. Insane amount of people were there.
    [​IMG]

The convention center:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Free goodie bag contents for entering:
    [​IMG]

Gator just chillin in the lobby...
    [​IMG]

Straight down the middle from entering:
    [​IMG]

Left-front wing
    [​IMG]

Right-front wing
    [​IMG]

Monitor just hangin' out:
    [​IMG]

Yes, I'm a creeper and take pictures of Justin Kboylka chatting at Garrick Demeyer's table LOL!
    [​IMG]

Donated my wallet to USARK and got this cool T-Shirt
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And finally; on my way there I passed a fields of Windmills. I've never seen these things in person before, they are HUGE. There were hundreds of them...totally bizarre and kinda trippy. It was 12 miles of endless windmills spinning and staggered from one another to where it felt like an alien planet.
    [​IMG]

I've been to all of the shows in OH, KY, IN, and PA and I gotta say this one was absolutely fantastic. I had been meaning to make a trip up here the last couple of years and it was well worth the 5hr drive, stay in the hotel, and $15 entry fee. It was EPIC. Extremely nice, very professional layout, and there were thousands of animals. And not just sketchy animals from gimpy breeders, this was mostly well-known names in the biz with their highest quality stuff. It took a full 2 hours to walk through everything casually just to get an idea of what all was there...I easily could've stayed all day. Held in a Convention Center in a nice nice part of town (it's not actually in the Chicago city, its right on the border of IL and IN). I know FL and CA have big shows like this, but this is the best thing I got driving from Ohio ; )

Tons of animals; probably one of the coolier things was seeing Brock Wagners Banana BP's in person... and their $55,000 price tag 0.0. Brock's Gallery

I had intentions of coming home with a Blood or Short-Tail Python or a female Killer Bee ball python... but I resisted the temptation. There were a few nice ones there, but I'm going to continue to browse around a little longer = )

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. яowan.ω

яowan.ω Well-Known Member

Luckyyy. ;n; You were supposed to take me wiff u!! /grabby-hands at photos

JEFFREH likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

So...many...people... 0.0 *shudders* I'm jelly. D=

JEFFREH and Eme Demiri like this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Welllllllll if you hadn't left Ohio you could've hitched a ride! Cammy was supposed to come too; but I don't think either of you have parents that would be cool with staying in a hotel with me LOL!

It was a bit crowded... well... very crowded. But it really wasn't too bad; and I've been told the Saturday morning first day is always very busy. There was enough room to breathe and move around freely, I shot to the back right corner when I entered to avoid bottle-necking the entrance lol

яowan.ω likes this.
  8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. яowan.ω

Meh, I would've slept in the woods or something.
    Lol, I like that guy's last name. Kboylka. How is that pronounced?

Cammy likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Cammy

True dat. Jeff's a bad boy. He can't be trusted. Rowan, one of these times you can stay with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! *magical rainbow sparkles* /nopedo

яowan.ω likes this.
  12. яowan.ω

=D Yaaay~ -Unicorn leaps in background-

13. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

14. Cammy

Yaaay~~~~

And then you will come home with me in my trunk.

15. яowan.ω

What'd ya say? You mumbled that last part. ^^"

Jeff >> Kuhbelgya. How's that work?

16. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Ashley gets......
    [​IMG]
    You didn't call no pedo on your other posts ; )

PS: That sounds about right, Rowan. I usually throw a little more of a K sound to the end but the last name is so unique I doubt anyone would have that much trouble decifering who you are talking about lol

Cammy likes this.
  17. supernova

supernova Member

That show is huge compared to the Portland show!! I took note of monitor anti poo towel...lol.

I also know the "awe" feeling of seeing those windmills up close, I drove thru a slew of those in northern California and they are massive!!

JEFFREH likes this.
  18. lestat

lestat Moderator

Looks like a great show, but how dare you forget to take pictures of EVERYTHING? Your mother and I are very disappointed in you. :(

Portland, OR? Wilsonville? I was there!

JEFFREH likes this.
  19. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Aren't they?! Man, there was Combine out in the field near one and it looked like a ant compared to it. Soo cool

Sorry Ryan! I really wanted to! I honestly would have felt bad asking every vendor to snap photos of their stuff, there was simply too many goods there to take photos of. This reminds me, I may feel more inclined to take pictures more frequently if I had a better digital camera... I hate the lag time to get a photo with the thing I have now.

20. supernova

supernova Member

Yep, Wilsonville. That's where i Picked up my Normal male Ball Python (3yo) for $40 and viewed a black pastel that i am very close to sealing the deal on. It was a good show but very cramped into a small area.

21. lestat

lestat Moderator

Did you stop by the PNW Turtleworks table? I hung out there a good part of the time. My friends own PNW TW.

22. supernova

supernova Member

I was only there for about 3 hours, My focus was on the ball pythons and the zoo-med products. I was on a mission so to speak. I had other business in Portland so it was a drive-by snake grabbing...lol.

23. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Looks cool! Too bad it's in Columbus cause at 1st I thought you put Finley instead of Tinley and I was like-no way!, that's only 15 miles away, but it's actaully more like 100 lol :) I am going to the Cleveland show next weekend though

24. lizardgurl87

lizardgurl87 HOTM Winner April

Also, just noticed the thing about windmills, up here in Northern Ohio they're everywhere! lol, but I'd understand why in the city there wouldn't be as many, they are pretty neat :p

25. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

Lol! Nope, its in the Chicagoland area, just inside of IL. It was actually a very nice drive and wasn't nearly as long as anticipated. Totally worth it - I'd recommend anyone who can go next year to try and make the trip = )

I had no idea there were windmills in Ohio, thats pretty neat! And I'm excited for you about Cleveland! Hope you enjoy yourself and find what your looking for! Let us know how it goes!

lizardgurl87 likes this.