A Florida Location "virtual pin" Map...

Discussion in 'Florida Reptile Nuts' started by Axe, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Axe

Axe Well-Known Member

So, I think I might've made a post about this somewhere in the past, but not exactly sure...

I'm thinking about trying to get together some kind of map of Florida on the site that will allow registered members here in Florida place a "virtual pin" in it, so that everybody can figure out where everybody else is in relation to each other. :)

I really have no idea on a length of time to get this written, and I will try to get this up as quick as I can, but don't expect anything overnight, heh.

For the technically minded of you here on the site, it looks like I'm going to have to do a combination of PHP, MySQL & JavaScript to get it all working right, or maybe Flash (if flash will hook up to a MySQL database). I guess it could be done in Java too, but I know even less about Java than I do about Flash (which is a lil less than nothing, heh).

I could eventually code this myself in the PHP/MySQL/JS combo, but it will take a while.

If anybody here has any experience with these languages, then please feel free to add to this thread and we can get together on the chat room, and figure this all out. I could certainly use the help. :D