A lot of Dead Crickets with White Worms Inside Them

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by kingsnight232798, Sep 25, 2004.

1. kingsnight232798

kingsnight232798 Embryo

Hello i was wondering what are these white worms inside of my dead crickets it looks like a maget of some sort like a fly magets but i have not seen them really develope into anything they just eat all the dead crickets from inside out please help and is it safe to feed my bearded dragon these things

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Leos_For_Life_182

Leos_For_Life_182 Member

never heard of it but i would absolutely 100% NOT FEED YOUR DRAGON these crickets.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Freaky_pete

Freaky_pete Well-Known Member

and if you get them from a pet store, Change witch one you go too if possible, If you breed I would kill all the crixs and order some more.. just to be safe.. (I might be getting outa hand though)

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. diggy415

diggy415 Embryo

do you have flies in your home or that could get to the crickets? There was an infestation of some sort and I wouldn't feed until i was sure what is going on as others may be infected as well and those too may beat from inside your reptile as well. I would start with a new batch. did the pet store by chance mix worms with crickets? Inquire and let us know.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JStrider

JStrider Member

could be some kind of parasite... i would inform the pet store... and take your dragon and a fresh stool sample to the vets so it can get tested for parasites...