Addicted to crickets?

Discussion in 'Water Dragons' started by Mebvis, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Mebvis

Mebvis Embryo

Hello everone, I have a three month old dragon and he or she has only been eating crickets. I have tried to feed it small mealworms, wax worms and butterworms. I have only ever seen it eat one butterworm but none other since then. I was able to feed it a small fish but only because it hopped out of the water bowl, the other fish died. He will eat 4 4 to 5 week old crickets a day. I have also left it some vegies it wasnt interested.

Im concerned because i know that crickets are low in nutrition. I have been coating the crickets with zoomed vitamins and calcium powders and have been giving it regular doses of d3 and calcium drops weekly.

Are these supplements enough to replace regular diets envolving the worms and vegetables?
    Is it possible that a dragon can become addicted crickets even this early in its life or at all?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. wideglide

wideglide Well-Known Member

Are you using the Solar Drops? If so then stop that asap. That is a horrible product because if you mess up the dose it could cause major problems for your dragon. Unfortunately I don't know the nutrutional requirements for water dragons but something else you can to do help would be to make sure you're gutloading your crickets with good food like greens, veggies or this stuff:

http://www.cricketfood.com/product_info.ph.../products_id/38

Good luck. I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will post soon.