Adult female blue pics...

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by JLExotics, Jan 22, 2005.

1. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Here is a pic of my adult female:

[​IMG]

And her new Enclosure, the albinos will be in the other one!

[​IMG]

They are huge, I have a big room so they don't look that big. They are 5ft Long X 3ft Wide X 18in high. The book case next to it is 3ft wide.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

gorgeous blue. i like the way that males develope huge jowls

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. xile

xile Member

That thing looks tiny. She is adult?....

The reds I've seen Bennet have are huge compared to that thing.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

that is a she. blues are the smallest of all tegus, males get a good size but females tend to be smaller. that one does have a little more growing to do though

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Nope, she's done. She's a 2yr old adult female. Doesn't look it from the pic but she's 3ft 2 inches. They typically get 3ft even, and males get 3 1/2ft. here is a link to TONS of new pics:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v306/JLExotics/

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. lacerta

lacerta Member

Beautiful lizard John. So that is a Blue Tegu?? It looks much like an off-color B&W. Is it a race or ssp of T. merianae, as the loreal scales on her face suggest ?? or is it a totally different species. Regardless, it is a nice looking lizard.
    George

12. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

dude she is gorgeous. lacerta i believe they are a totally different species

13. Floyd_Is_My_Beardie

Floyd_Is_My_Beardie Member

She is so beautiful.
    I want one.

14. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

I love her to death!!! BTW I have tons of new pics:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v306/JLExotics/

They are now fully set up in their new 54" visions! She is a grayish/blue more gray though! Females aren't near as pretty as males but they can be much more blue. I'm currently looking for 0.1 more albino and 1.1 blues so hopefully I'll be adding to the collection soon! To some up their species please check out this page:

www.jlexotics.thetegu.com - then go to captive husbandry and scroll down. They are currently NOT classified. Lots of information on blues there - Infact more then you will find anywhere else! I have purchased www.jlexotics.com which will be going up real soon :(!

15. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

hey man where did you get your albinos?

16. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

My albinos came from Bill at ASF reptiles. I stopped by Bennetts (www.beardiedragon.com) and he's got an albino and 2 het females. That week I called Bill and drove down to maimi again to pick them up personally! I'm currently looking for another female albino! I'd highly recommend them. My male is the smaller one in all of the pictures. He was the smallest of the bunch of males (probably got the least amount of food as well) but he was the nicest looking. Now that's he's been set up in a giant enclosure with lots of food he's starting to fill out like the female. Males do grow faster (I believe) so he should catch and surpass his girl in the not to distant future! I love them~! Now if the snows prove out I'll snag some of those as well...and may also have to get some platinums!

17. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

that would be awsome

18. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

Tegus take preference over everything...so I will follow through with my plans. Lizard - wise I'm only planning on working with blue tegus (all morphs and normals), that is unless I can find a pair of caiman lizards!!!