Age of my Tokay?

Discussion in 'Tokay Geckos' started by HMWH, Aug 17, 2004.

1. HMWH

HMWH New Member

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Gekkojoe

Gekkojoe New Member

If you have had him sexed and he is a male he may be 3-4, they tend to grow very slow according to my vet, we just got a female who is only six inches and he said she's probably around two, the thing with these guys is they are usually wild caught so noone knows anything about them. We live in Denton, I recommend you take him to Dr. Randall Hickman in Mckinney, he's really into reptiles and breeds snakes, leopard geckos, bearded dragons and he's really good and knowledgeable about exotics.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

hey geckojoe, r u talkin about years or months?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Gekkojoe

Gekkojoe New Member

I'm talkin in years, sorry, i'm not saying that's a positive but I thought the one we just got was only about a year or so at the most but my vet said she's at least 2 maybe even 3 yrs old. They are born around 3 inches long and can live up to 20 years in good conditions.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

wow! ive heard they only live 10 years and r 4 inches at birth! boy am i lost

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. HMWH

HMWH New Member

thank you for the detailed info geckojoe, its great that there is someone else in the area into geckos

do you have a phone number or an address to his office? heck even a website

12. Gekkojoe

Gekkojoe New Member

His phone number is 972 542 8675, it' off of 75 going south and exit on white, it's in a little shopping center on the right with a pizza hut and a comic book store. Just ask directions if you get confused they are really nice up there.

13. HMWH

HMWH New Member

Thank you sir, ill have to take him up there and get a general inspection done.