Aggression or Romance?

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Camillo, May 29, 2002.

1. Camillo

Camillo New Member

Camillo and Desdemona have, so far, gotten along extremely well. They are often close to one another, and they usually sleep next to each other. However, recently, they have been bobbing their heads, and Dezzy has been displaying her dewlap *Cammy doesn't display his; I think he's too young to have one yet*. Just this afternoon, they were pretty busy with the showing off and such, and they are basking next to each other right now. Are they being territorial or flirting? I can't tell.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. UltAnoleMan

UltAnoleMan New Member

Dont worry the Dezzy probably wants to make love but the male cammys just too young.
    UltAnoleMan
    :):):cool::)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Camillo

Camillo New Member

Also, they are constantly crawling on top of one another. They did this at Petsmart, where they each were given about a gallon of room each. Still, I'm wondering if it's affection or just an old habit that's hard to break.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. UltAnoleMan

UltAnoleMan New Member

Was the males underside of where the tail starts connected to the other part of the female?
    Then they r definitly r mating.
    Or it might be cause they mated before and they're just in love so they like to stay togeather.
    Im not 100% sure though. lol.:)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Camillo

Camillo New Member

Nah. Their tails were pretty far apart. They were just together. They always seem to do that nowadays. Right now, they're sleeping together under a leaf. And no, they aren't on top of each other :). They're pretty far apart. Well, not really. Just too far apart to be rockin the leaf :).

[Edited on 7/6/2002 by Camillo]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. UltAnoleMan

UltAnoleMan New Member

Y u winking at me man u g**? U olny do that to girls.
    JK! LOL:D DIDNT MEAN TO HURT UR FEELING!!:)