Aggression

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Cheyzer, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Cheyzer

Cheyzer Embryo

I have 3 anoles. One female is green her name is jane. She is a newer one. The other female is a brown anole and her name is autumn. the male is a green anole names danatello. Starting yesturday my usually non aggressive danatello chased n bit jane. He didnt seem to be mating so i got them apart when i noticed his tale wasn't under hers. When they were separated he tried again n she tried to get away. I decided to put him in another tank. Following this autumn starting bobbing at jane for the first time. They are usually friends. In order to restore order i put danatello back. every since he has bitten autumn n chased them both several times hoping to get a piece of them. Whats with them?! i cant separated each of them.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jopogo

jopogo Embryo

Patience. Yes, the separate tank works. Remember that anoles need time to adjust,yet, they always do. (my boy & girl are in separate tanks right now)
    Good luck

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. 00luke00

00luke00 Well-Known Member

if this is the case they do need to be separated. Some mating aggression is normal with these critters but if it is affecting their welfare then unless you want costly vet bills or even worse, i.d suggest you do separate them.