Albino Python Killed

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by herpluver, Aug 24, 2007.

1. herpluver

herpluver New Member

go to a reptile show in Kentucky and one of the vendors there does demonstrations locally for educational purposes. This is a story about what ignorance has done to him. Please be sure and click on the link below the picture and read the story.
    R.I.P POPCORN! :cry:

http://houseofreptiles.150m.com/

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. sweet_sorrow123

sweet_sorrow123 Member

Saddest story ever. I pity the kid, feel bad for the owner. I hope the snake will rest in peace. Poor Popcorn.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. billy_gravius

billy_gravius New Member

that kind of thing makes me want to slap the crap out of some people. the guy could have at least said he was sorry.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

That kid is a douche. Sorry for the bad mouth but seriously that is the sickest and cruelest thing I have heard of in my 17 years on this planet.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. spooky326

spooky326 New Member

i read that lastnight and it angered me so so much!! all the guy was doing was trying to educate the public about reptiles and this PUNK kid kills such a beautiful creature for no reason. its just straight ignorance that the father did nothing but tuck his tail between his legs and ran away!!! R.I.P. POPCORN

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

Seriously if I was his father I would do much more then say "this is why I can't bring you anywhere". I really don't think that family knows the the severity of what they kid did.

12. herpluver

herpluver New Member

I don't think they really cared. I would have been so mad if that was me. At least the guy could have said sorry, offered up some money, something!! The thing is what is this kid going to do next? And someone brought up a good point...if it was a dog or a cat, the kid would be in juvie right now but because it is a snake, it seems to be "OK" ;)

13. billy_gravius

billy_gravius New Member

that is a good point...there should be animal abuse laws for exotic pets.

14. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

There are, depending where you live. Some idiot killed a lizard/gecko (I don't recall what now) around here a year or so ago, he was arrested and prosecuted under 'Buster's Law'. As I recall, he was mad at his kid for not doing something and took the gecko out of the tank and stepped on it on purpose, as punishment. The wife/kid's mother called it in and he was arrested on the spot, they didn't fool around and it is a felony.

15. SamAndLindy

SamAndLindy Member

I am surprised the guy didnt stop the kid and his dad. That is sad. I was in tears reading this. Such a wonderful snake killed by some ignorant idiot kid. His father is no better by just shrugging it off like his kid just stepped on a paper bag.
    I think they should find this kid and his father and get them to pay for the python and the care and requirments it took for the person to raise it {proaply totaling atleast couple thousand dollars} and then a huge pain and suffering for the caretaker. I would love to see what the parent thought after he had to draw from his son's college fund {if he even has one} to pay for his son's ignorance and him not being able to keep a eye on his son.
    I am sorry I vented but I think that was terribly thing to do to someone's animal. Even if he had no respect for snakes he shouldn't of shrugged it off. I hate spiders but if I was at a fair and my younger sister smashed a someones spider I would apologies several hundred times and try to pay them for what she has done.

16. spazzmitazz88

spazzmitazz88 New Member

ok so i think that 70% of the world population it doomed to ignorance and hate. seriously "lets kill reptiles they are scaley and wired" amoung other thing that the human population is killing like sharks, orangatans,chimps,gorillas, thats only what i can name off there like tons more i just cant remeber then at the moment. and thats just animals dont get me started on humans killing humans for being different (religion, race, ethnicity, tribe, sexuality) god peopl;e are so stupid!!!!

ok rant is over sorry

17. cblock

cblock New Member

thats ok, rant away, as far as im concerned this particular topic a rant is completely called for.
    it is extremely sad about this situation. i know how attached i am with my ball and to have some ignorant kid kill something so misunderstood is just horrible.
    id be so devistaed if my ball got hurt or killed.
    i dunno, but there are so many rules and regulations about cats and dogs being mistreated there should be one for exotics too. no different.

18. herpluver

herpluver New Member

I agree with the exotic pet law. It should be the same as cats & dogs. I know everyone doesn't like snakes, just like there are animals I am not fond of but WTF!!! This kid is crazy. I have 2 young boys who have always been taught to treat animals with respect. My oldest son is very into animals and if he thinks an animal is being hurt he gets upset. I have even had to stop my car in the middle of the road and move turtles out of the way. Not that I mind but this is coming from a 8 year old boy. And he has had me do this for several years so it's not a new thing. The thing is it makes you wonder what kind of a home this boy is being brought up in. I would still be so pissed that somebody did that to one of my snakes.

19. bAlLinLiKeAbOa

bAlLinLiKeAbOa Member

Yea I live in Illinois and I think there is a law something like that in place at the moment. It is a great thing honestly to stop all this cruel behavior towards these creatures. I just hate how people think reptiles should be treated less equally then any other species.

20. RIO_6

RIO_6 New Member

I have just read the article, what that child did was horrific!!! and the father, well...... It really does just show how ignorant some people are, still, even in this day and age!! I hope he is found and is punished, may by then they will learn something about the respect that Popcorn deserved. What a beautiful snake. R.I.P. Popcorn :cry:

21. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 ReptileBoards Addict

Here's an article from my local paper, it's about the law I linked earlier. There are laws out there, animal cruelty laws are in every state, they just aren't enforced. People either aren't charged initially for whatever reason or charges end up getting reduced/thrown out...it's unfortunate but it's the way the legal system works.

22. Owthatstings

Owthatstings New Member

Tell you what; that kid would've walked out of there with a bit more coloring than he went in. Blakc and blue, specifically.

23. SamAndLindy

SamAndLindy Member

Re: RE: Albino Python Killed

:)

24. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

I would have steped on that kid. evil ingorant little #%@^ ^#%$ ^%$#..
    poor popcorn, thats a horrible thing to happen to a freindly animal like that.

25. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Don't read this if you are of a sensitive nature, disturbing

And this is why I advocate hitting your children when they **** up severely! If I had done something like that when I was a kid my parents would have murdered me on the spot! That was absolutely sickening.

I've experienced animal cruelty in some of its worst forms. There is a psycho who used to roam our neighborhood (do not know who he is), his favourite victims were usually small caged animals like rabbits and guinea pigs. I came home from school on more than one occassion to discover my pigs with their spines snapped, padlocks cut from the hutches so definitely the work of a human. My neighbors found their rabbits dead and vet autopsy revealed that every single bone in their bodies had been shattered, most likely by the murderer smashing them against the hutch non stop. Their next rabbit had its head torn off. Happened to a family 2 suburbs away from us as well, they wrote to us after the police recommended we tell all in our local paper.

This is why I no longer keep guinea pigs and they no longer have rabbits, just 2 very loud dogs who snarl like crazy (ones a Border collie which makes it much more impressive than the cavalier spaniel lol) when anyone goes near their backyard. Our 3 cats still go outside cos they don't go near strangers plus they have claws and are more than happy to use 'em. My 2 pythons live in my room in their tanks.

RIP Popcorn and I hope that kid gets locked up or his head stomped in.