All species of feeder roach illegal in Canada

Discussion in 'Reptile Law & Legislation' started by TNTPET, Jan 6, 2007.

1. TNTPET

TNTPET Embryo

I have spoken with the government, and thought I'd let everyone know. It is illegal to import all species of roach, except the german cockroach (which isn't a feeder, it's the kind you find in sleazy hotels and restaurants).

I'd like to have this changed, since they're only reasons for not allowing imports is that they don't know what whould happen if they got out (which, if you read into them at all, youd know thay would just die), and the other reason is that the inspectors haven't been trained.
    I say we put pressure on the government to make changes, since there is no risk, and the feeder roaches are easy to tell apart.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. heineken

heineken Embryo

hmmm.... That could explain why I'm having a hard time finding a starter colony around here. I know of a few people that keep lobster roaches. So they can't be too illegal... lol
    I agree with you. They should be completely legalized, since they pose no threat to the natural ecosystem in Canada, since they'd die in no time if they were let out.
    They're gonna be here in years to come anyway with this "global warming" crap anyway! lol

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. wschippr

wschippr New Member

It is ture that roaches are hard to find here in canada, I have over ten different kinds (most are suitable as feeders) if you want some just let me know and I am sure we can work something out. My email is wschippr@hotmail.com you can email me at my uoguelph but I do not check it often.