Always wanted a bosc

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by deydey, Aug 6, 2009.

1. deydey

deydey Member

Now I always wanted one of these guys and if I ever get one i will build my own enclosure. Instead of creating a standard viv I was thinking of creating a box, cutting a big hole out the front for some persprex and having no lid at all or a lid that opens on hinges and has a lock on it. Obviously i would cut holes for ventilation etc...

Would this be a good idea rather than creating your standard viv? What would be the pros and cons? surely it would be easier to construct but i'm not to sure about cleaning and getting him out etc as comming from above will surely scare him?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. bruno

bruno Moderator

I will state the cons. Having a box with lid does present difficulties for fitting lights and heating, they could have to be mounted independant of lid. You state "going in from above" will definitely scare him and cleaning also creates a problem.
    Not a good idea to use perspex, this scratches so easy and it would soon look a mess, stick with glass.
    A better idea would be a box with either opening doors or even drop down doors at front, wouldn't be any more difficult to make, basically a box with a lid laid on it's side, the lid then being the door made of glass.