Anole very skinny. (Help)

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by ReptileNoob, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ReptileNoob

ReptileNoob Embryo

Hello I am new to this forum and need help. I've had 3 green anoles so far for about 1 and a half months now and they've been fine all up until now. One of the anoles is very skinny and is always at the bottom of the tank instead of the top where all of the rest are basking. I can comfirm that 1 of them is a male and 1 of them is a female. I don't know the gender of the one that is very skinny though. I have a 20 gallon tank for them with a bowl of water and a plate for food. I mist in their 4-5 times a day to keep the humidity up and the tempeture is around 85 degrees day and 75 degrees night. I have 2 seperate light bulbs one for day and one for night. The food i feed them is meal worms(I put 3-5 in their a day) and crickets. I put Rep-Cal Calcium with VIT.D on the mealworms 2-3 times a week and always put it on crickets when I buy then (Buy them about once a week). I just don't know whats wrong with him. I bought him at a local pet store and he just started acting up. Please help me I think he is on the verge of dying.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. ReptileNoob

ReptileNoob Embryo

So far, me and my dad have seperated the one anole that is very skinny and put him in a seperate cage. We just fed him crickets in their, but he just took a bite in one then spit it out like he couldn't eat it or something (they weren't that big.) I don't know whats wrong with him. My dad said me and him will go to the pet store after school to see if the can check on him or put him out of his suffering. ;-;

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. ReptileNoob

ReptileNoob Embryo

R.I.P Flash ;-; We took him back to the pet store for them to put him out of his suffering. R.I.P

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Sorry about Flash. I would suggest not getting another anole to put in the tank with the mated pair.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Geckolad

Geckolad New Member

Ok I know what happened. Your other two Green anoles were "mated". The skinnier one was not part of that could have been a girl or boy it was being starved or "bullied" by the other anoles. I only know this because I am a previous anole owner and they bullied all the time it drove me nuts I would have to hand feed the other anoles that were the victims.

HerpetologyLover likes this.
  10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. HerpetologyLover

HerpetologyLover New Member

What me and my mom do when a Anole is getting like that is separate them, then we give the anole a formula full of nutrients from a syringe. After a few days my anole would eat again. So I highly recommend you try this next time this happens.

Geckolad likes this.