Anoles Fighting??!!

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by Cheyzer, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Cheyzer

Cheyzer Embryo

I don't know if they were mating or fighting. They have been living with each other for not long but out of now where when she was climbing up the cage my male lizard got angry and he chased her n bit her. i got so shocked i ran over n took him off of her. Then when i put him donw he chased her again n bit her neck i tried flicking him off in a nice way n she bit me. for the time being till i get some tips on this i seperated them into different tanks. The male is brown now upset because of the new area n my girl is spotted brown n green mostly because she just got attacked. help! what do you think happened and what should i do?!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. justkev

justkev Hi :) Staff Member

sounds like he was trying to breed.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Cheyzer

Cheyzer Embryo

so i should put him back in? and what sign should i watch for that means they need to be separated?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cheyzer

Cheyzer Embryo

Now my girls are fighting!! what is happening?! but they are not biting. for the first time the female brown anole is bobbin its head a the green female. they are usually best friends

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. salvadorian

salvadorian New Member

they're all doing it

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. tkohlbre

tkohlbre Embryo

From what i've read, male anoles can be pretty brutal when it comes to mating, i'd probably try separating them, how big is the enclosure?