anoles very skinny help please...........

Discussion in 'Anoles' started by golizard08, Jul 2, 2010.

1. golizard08

golizard08 Embryo

This is my first time having baby brown anoles. and all of the little hatching are healthy at first then they started to get very skinny but i tried everything to keep them alive it seems the only thing that they all will eat is very tiny hatching ants and you can rarely find them. yes i have had thoughts of letting them go but i have gotten very attached to them and i don't want to do that at all. please help me!!!!

:(

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

what type of setup do you have them in? what type of lighting are you using? anoles are diurnal so the need UVB light, you want to keep the enclosure in the high 70s with a basking spot around 85F. make sure to dust feeder insects with calcium and vitamin supplements. also why are you feeding them ants? i'm assuming you are collecting the ants from outside so they could be loaded with parasites or pesticides that they have built up immunities too, unfortunately your anoles are not immune to them. get them appropriate sized crickets or if they are that small get them fruit flies to eat.