Anoles

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by Piro_Maniac, May 17, 2003.

1. Piro_Maniac

Piro_Maniac Embryo

what are the main things i would need for 1-2 anoles. i already picked a terrerium and a reptile cloth flooring for the terrerium so what else are good things to get? i would like to know if there are any cheap lights i could by (not like 50 to 60 dollars i want like 10-30 dollars including lights) and what lights bulbs should i get for day (not night i usin heatin pad) i need cheap things because my parents say i can only have a 50 buck budget on first buyin these things. then i can buy better stuff. ;) :cool:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. hobotramp

hobotramp Member

For heat I just use a regular 60W light bulb in a reflector dome clip on lamp. For the UVA/UVB that is necessary for them to be healthy, I use Repti-sun 5.0 bulbs. They may cost more, but they are very good and last up to a year. You'll also want places for them to hide and climb (leaves, branches, etc.)

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. CheriS

CheriS Is well known here

You also might want to add a soil tray area to the tank. Anoles love dirt! the females also will become egg bound if not offered a soil area for laying and hiding their eggs.

I agree with the above, a regular household lighbulb in a fixture that directs the heat down for basking is pleanty for heat for them and a UVB tube is also good for UV light. Read the directions for proper lenght from them and lifetime output. You can pick up an inexpensive fixture for both from Home Depo or Walmarts (the tube can go in a regular black light fixture.