another question for the room.

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by lil_shy_aries, Jul 28, 2009.

1. lil_shy_aries

lil_shy_aries New Member

hello again,
    I guess I am falling into the newbie catigory . so I have many questons and dissisions to make.
    If in another 3 years zapper will be mating age. I'm sure you know by now. I have a huge 4 1/2 year old male.thats over 5 pounds. and a 2 1/2 year old of a smaller then normal. or to me he is due to spooks growth. at 1 1/2 pounds.
    My question Is how do you introduce a male. is it better to do it now for them to get to know each other ? or is it dangerous? I know poeple keep more then one snake in a gage, my vet said no, serperate them out. for health wize. so thats what I have always done.
    so how and when do you do this?
    I have alot to learn and I need help to do this.for I want to be ready when zapper gets sexually mature.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. jeepnphreak

jeepnphreak Member

I like to have a big cage for the male that I intend on breeding. I introduce the female in to the males cage and observe. Being that the female is out of her territory she useual allow the male to mate with in an hour or so. Let them have at it, ager they seperate take the female and place her back in to her home. end of taks, now it up to you to keep the females cage at correct humidity and tamperate and to give her a nice nesting spot. if not she may lay the eggs in the water bowl, eggs then drown of course.