Anyone ever used Repti Shedding Aid?

Discussion in 'Leopard Geckos' started by Tim3skimo, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Tim3skimo

Tim3skimo New Member

My Leo has a little bit of skin left on one of her feet, she's not tame yet...I haven't even handled her yet.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

Yes, I've used it and it does help. But if there's a little shed stuck on her toes it would be best to give her a little "bath."

You would want to find a small tupperware that you can fill with warm water up to about the level of her "elbows/knees" not quite touching her belly. You then want to place her in the bath and keep watch over her for about 10 to 15 minutes or until she starts to want out. If you have a top to the tupperware it might be good to loosely put it on just so she can't escape but be very careful that she doesn't put her head under the water and that water doesn't go up her nose. You can then try to roll the dead skin off of her toes with a wet q-tip if it still didn't come off with the bath.

naykid likes this.
  4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Tim3skimo

Tim3skimo New Member

Yeah but I haven't even touched her yet...since I got her about 2 and a half weeks ago, I don't think I can pick her up. Will repti shed aid help?

She has decided to use her humid hide and I've made it nice and moist, is there a chance the little bit of skin will come off?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

If she's using her humid hide there is the possibility that it will loosen up enough for her to eat it off. I wouldn't worry about it too too much just yet, it may come off with the next shed, which should be soon because she's still young. If it doesn't come off with the next shed then I would definitely do the bath thing and you can use the "shed aid" on the q-tip after the bath.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Tim3skimo

Tim3skimo New Member

Thanks a LOT :)

I really can't wait to hold her....I think I might use a glove in the beginning to make her used to having a hand in her cage