Are My RETF Mating?

Discussion in 'Treefrogs' started by Rednkhuntertd, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Rednkhuntertd

Rednkhuntertd Embryo

I have recently added a huge female to my existing Red-Eye tank that houses 2 males and an unidentifiable baby. I woke up one morning to see my male on top of my female, and wasn’t completely sure if they were trying my mate. He (Jaws) wasn’t hurting her in anyway that I could tell. The same thing happened yesterday morning but this time my female was making little chirps. Is it possible that a female can chirp? It is a very small sound that you could only hear in a completely quiet room. My male doesn’t “hitch” a ride on the females back like I have seen in photos, does this mean that he is just trying to figure out what to do? If any one has any information I would greatly appreciate it. :lol:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. plmarsg8

plmarsg8 Well-Known Member

Could you get us photos, it would really help. Most likely the male is just lying on top of the female.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. croc_gator_rebeccak3

croc_gator_rebeccak3 Well-Known Member

Ello,

Sorry, i didn't get to this sooner. Pic would be lovely, so we could get a look at a "probaly" mating getaway (sorry sounds wrong! :) ) These frogs are very social. They have tight relationships with there tank mates. Like plarsq8 and i said. we need pics, if you may.