Are the exo-terra tanks really worth it?

Discussion in 'Rhacodactylus (Crested) Geckos' started by longswordjd, Jan 21, 2006.

1. crusty1

crusty1 Member

lol...ya there a big company...prolly get lots of emails of that sort everyday...
    what are the dementions for the new one???maybe i should just wait for the new on instead of getting the 18x18x20

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Just_Some_Guy

Just_Some_Guy Well-Known Member

should be out in the Summer Hopefully.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. crusty1

crusty1 Member

oh that long???........boooo ill just go with the 18x18x20

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. crusty1

crusty1 Member

MAN!
    i just walkd over to petsmart to chekc out there exo terras...150$ for the 18x18x18!!!! WHAT A RIP!
    at petparadise there 99!!! (can), SO much cheaper! wow, thats gay man lol
    and petparadise may be GIVING me one, if i can breed, and give they my 2 babes, and they said theyd also buy other clutches off me muahah...if all goes to plan that is

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. longswordjd

longswordjd New Member

wow thats awesome crusty and yes they cost the same at the petco s and petsmarts around here! that is why im doin my research now :( so i dont get ripped by petsmart or something lol!

longswordjd

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. amhjda1109

amhjda1109 New Member

12. longswordjd

longswordjd New Member

but the shipping is the expensive thing! anyone ever shipped from them howmuch was shipping? THanks

longswordjd

13. amhjda1109

amhjda1109 New Member

I ordered a 12x12x18 from them and it was only $12 to ship it. It came really quick too.

14. amhjda1109

amhjda1109 New Member

I just went on there and "pretended" that I was going to buy the largest Exo Terra. It was only $20 to ship it to me and I live in Northern Michigan, almost at the top of the Lower Peninsula. I think they are out of Ohio or Illinois, something like that so shipping to Kansas City isn't too much farther. It's worth a shot anyway, when you "pretend" to buy it, it will at least tell you....then you'll know. :(

15. longswordjd

longswordjd New Member

ok I will "pretend" lol :( that kinda sounds really weird!

longswordjd

16. NYCrestie

NYCrestie Embryo

god, i just bought my 18x18x18 2-3 weeks ago and paid less than 80 at the reptile expo

but from now on i will most likely be using a long aquaruim and turning it on its side...for half the price you cant go wrong....but i do like my exo-terra

17. BSB

BSB Well-Known Member

Exoterra's are pricey but well worth it. It just depends what kind of budget you are on.

18. field_hockey_gal

field_hockey_gal Well-Known Member

Went to the petstore today - I saw the two new exo-terras. The 24x18x24 and 24x18x18 (lwh). That was cool. Looked amazing. Never asked for the price tho. They don't have them on the exo-terra site, but they were in the pet store (privately owned) and just getting unpacked. One of each was on display tho. They also had the stands for the enclosures- they are pricy as well, but looked really proffesional.

19. LiLtOkEnQT

LiLtOkEnQT New Member

I don't know if anyone else noticed this on their exo-terras, but at the top in the back where the holes for the wires are, there are these sliding things that u can use to cover the unused holes...dont feel bad if u didnt....i just noticed today and ive had it for over a month.

20. NYCrestie

NYCrestie Embryo

i noticed it the day i bought it, though i have no clue if they are opened or closed, lol

yea thats a realy neat feature if you have something in the tank that needs to be plugged in

21. amhjda1109

amhjda1109 New Member

This is the response I recieved from ExoTerra regarding the new sizes of terrariums.

Dear Allison,
    The measurements are 24" x 18" x 18" and 24" x 24" x 18". I couldn't even find these on the Exo Terra website, so I am surprised that you have learned of them already. They are not yet available in the U.S., and unfortunately we do not have any information as to when they will be available. I'm sorry I was unable to help you further.

Thank you,
    Sharon Emond, Customer Service Dept.
    Rolf C. Hagen (USA) Corp.

22. crusty1

crusty1 Member

they should make a 24x24x36 or smthing...or a 24x24x42 muahha thad be sweet

23. shelby123gecko

shelby123gecko New Member

They'd be sooo expensive though, ha! Put defunitly worth it!!

24. pullinapete

pullinapete Member

Ya I found the 24,24,18 it was 219CND in a pet store (didnt buy it cause I dont have 219 kicking in my back pocket) it was nuts... the 18,18,24 was 119 at this store... but its all about demand the more the store orders the less they can charge, but because they only carry 1 or 2 of each size they have to charge a higer price to make money, good ol economics

25. crusty1

crusty1 Member

muahhaa....im pickn up an exo terra 12x12x18 tomoro for 40$!!!!!!! of jon (thanks to u field hockey gal!) cant wait...im gonna put my female in there, and put her in my male tank when im ready for some babies muahah