Auto Mister OR Fogger For Timor

Discussion in 'Monitors & Tegus' started by yesITis, Jan 24, 2005.

1. yesITis

yesITis New Member

whats better a auto mister or a fogger? i personally like that foggers but i dont know if a fogger will be a little over kill for a Timor. Should I get a Fogger for my Timor or should i just stick with the misting it by hand? He already had a kitty litter pan for a swimming pool and i have a bubbler hooked up in it. i just need the humitidy up a little bit more.. should i go with the fogger?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. JLExotics

JLExotics New Member

I think they are both overkill. Then again here in FL I don't have much to worry about. I'd stick to the hand method.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

fogger is definatly over kill. if you already have the pan and bubbler then you really dont need the fogger or mister. just hand mist should be good enough. also try putting the light over the water this will increase humidity as the water evaporates

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. yesITis

yesITis New Member

alright thanks

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. KaMiKaZeE

KaMiKaZeE Member

Hand misting is good I agree with KLiK. Just wanted to add that most of the auto-misters I have seen in action are complete crap. They hardly ever have the pump pressure high enough or the nozzle design to get a real mist, and more often than not its more like a dribble or trickle. I have setup my own custom mister setup before, but i had to use a high-pressure water pump, special fogger nozzles, and a programmable electronic timer. I thought of making more of them to sell to people, but I just don't think most people are gonna pay enough for it to be feasible for anything less than a very large custom enclosure setup.