"Awakening" my uro

Discussion in 'Uromastyx' started by urokeeper22, Jun 25, 2007.

1. urokeeper22

urokeeper22 New Member

Within the last few days to about a wek or so, i've noticed that Fafnir my juvie uro has been on the activity decline. F.I. As of about a week and a half ago she was running along eating like a slob and jumping all around..now se just sleeps and dosent come out at all... basking is at 110 and the ambient is at 90 with a coolside of 83.....Tank is custom little over 5 feet long 2 feet wide and it's mesh with 9mil plastic on the inside..(poormans tank, still the mesh is covered up and it hold the temperature just fine...) Any suggestions.... more info will be provided if u ask ! :)) thx again

hapy herping

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Gnuby

Gnuby Embryo

Is she shedding at all? My uro sheds on his hands and head first. You could get your basking and ambient up about 10 degrees, they like it hot! Is she eating at least a little, and still going to the bathroom? She sounds lucky to have such a big tank. What substrate does she have, and what's she eating?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. urokeeper22

urokeeper22 New Member

She eats chopped bok choy,endive, carrot shavings and fresh peas..i will bring up the temp.. Bedding is a pellet caled Critter Control and some baked pine as well. No shedding but when she appears she is a little different in color every time. Should i add more stuff to the tank for her to play with or should i just keep it simple......Could she just be Bored? Thx again!