[b]Need help with sick RES!![/b]

Discussion in 'Turtles' started by sprlechu, Aug 25, 2005.

1. sprlechu

sprlechu Embryo

My RES hasn't been eating for more than 3 days now! All I could find different on her was a red spot on one of her eyelids. I don't know if it's infection or a scratch from my other RES.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Orchid021

Orchid021 New Member

If you can, take her to the vet as soon as possible. If she is not eating, that is not a good sign. I had one do that and she went downhill pretty fast. It isnt too expensive to go to the vet for a quick check up. If it is nothing serious, at least you will know for sure.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. biochic

biochic Well-Known Member

That's certainly not like a RES. They eat constantly. What kind of set up do you have for them? Lighting, substrate, heating, etc? Is there gravel or any other kind of loose substrate in the cage? Is she swimming well and otherwise active?
    i agree that the vet is the best shot at figuring out what's wrong since we can't see her. What does the red spot look like?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. LeoLover18

LeoLover18 New Member

Did you recently change the water or move things around in your tank? Or did you maybe move your tank to a different place? Sometimes it's common for RES to not eat when their environments change until they get used to it.