baby bp's

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by bashfulgryphon, Jun 13, 2004.

1. bashfulgryphon

bashfulgryphon Embryo

how much and when should I feed 2 baby pb's ? ? also what should I feed baby bp's ? ? crickets ?

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Mhswidder

Mhswidder New Member

No Baby Bp's should be able to eat fuzzie mice as a rule they can eat anything as big around as the largest part of their body.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. bashfulgryphon

bashfulgryphon Embryo

thank you .. so pinkie or fuzzie mice will do for bp's that are only a couple weeks old ? ?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Mhswidder

Mhswidder New Member

Ya as long as they are no bigger around than the snake. I just got a new pair of Baby BP"s myself 2 weeks ago (I have had many )They ate today and they were actually able to eat hopper mice. start small and slowly work up until their pray is big enough to leave a noticable lump in their body after feeding time. Once every 7 to 10 days I get them each one and they are doing wonderfully. Hope this helps.

Here is a pic of my babies a couple days after I got them
    [​IMG]

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. bashfulgryphon

bashfulgryphon Embryo

Thank you .. your baby bp looks great ... the info helps out alot ... is it possible to breed a male and female out of the same litter ? ?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. emroul

emroul Embryo

Hatchling ball pythons are able to eat adult mice right out of the egg. It may seem surprising, but it's true (unless it is a "runt"). A fuzzy for a baby ball python is not a meal at all. And please, do not ever feed pinky mice to the poor thing; you'll be starving it.

Hope that helps.
    Jennifer

12. bashfulgryphon

bashfulgryphon Embryo

all the info I have been getting states that I should feed pinkies and fuzzies to the baby bp's ... if I feed them adult mice will they grow faster ? ?

13. emroul

emroul Embryo

Where are you getting your info? Pinkies absolutely will not suffice as a meal for a ball python. Fuzzies, maybe, if given 2-4 at a time (which will get expensive). One adult mouse once a week will make it grow the way it is supposed to, not just "faster". :D

Jennifer

14. Mhswidder

Mhswidder New Member

I have been raising Balls for 14 years and my hatchlings do fine on Hoppers for the first couple months. Then I move them upto adult mice for a month or two then to Juvinile Rats and They have all grown just fine

15. clamper

clamper New Member

you cant start baby balls on adult mice right out of the egg the fuzzies help get their skills at eating down with out dicuraging them once that has been done then you move on to hoppers for a couple months as they grow you increase the size of the food