Baby missing

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by kickersx, Dec 21, 2013.

1. kickersx

kickersx Embryo

I just purchased a baby bearded dragon this Tuesday from Petco. "He" (not sure of the sex yet) is 6" long and the clerk wasn't sure of the age either (est. 1-3 mos). He's been very sociable and doesn't flinch when I've taken him out of the tank. The clerk suggested to hold him for awhile a few times a day so he gets used to me and we bond. The last few days he's been fine just sitting in my hand or on my chest. Tonight he darted down my leg and jumped off the couch under the recliner. I'm afraid to tip it (I don't want to squish him, he's so tiny).

I'm so grateful to find the reptile board...I was going out of my mind not knowing what to do. So far I've turned off the heat so he doesn't go into the vents, put a towel down on the living room floor with the night lamp, his basking pyramid and some fresh chopped brussel sprouts (he's not much for veges yet but ate crickets earlier tonight in the tank).

My question is should I leave the black/night lamp on since it's night time or just put the heat lamp on the floor instead? He's been missing for 2 hours now (guessing & praying he just went to sleep with a full tummy in a cool/dark spot.