Ball python climbing

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by Demonic_Rage, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Embryo

Well I have a 2foot female ball that just loves to climb and all that I have read about Bps is that they prefer to be on the ground but this little girl loves the heights. So I was thinking of building her a climbing spot. Is this a bad idea or a good idea??? :idea: Has anyone else ran into this before???? I would appericate all the help and advise on this one thanks

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

yes some ball pythons love to climb. It's fine if you want to build her a climbing spot (do you mean like a climbing branch) as long as it isn't to high, they aren't the most gracefull snakes and could hurt themself if they fall.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Embryo

Yeah I have noticed that they are not the most graceful climbers. I was thinking of something about half way or a little higher up the cage. She is in a 55 gallon aquarium. So I figured that would satify her climbing needs. I will get pics of her cage up some time with her new climbing spot for you all to see. Thanks

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. sapphire_moon

sapphire_moon Embryo

No problem. both my bp's love to climb, but I try to keep their branchs about half way up their cages so they dont hurt themselves if they fall....:)

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Embryo

Well I have four at the moment and to like to climb my youngest is a little guy so he has yet to explore the hieghts.And Phoenix is in a shallow cage there there is no room for climbing. Thank for the advise and I will be sure to keep it at the half way mark of the cage.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Demonic_Rage

Demonic_Rage Embryo

Well I got the supplies to make my climbing spot today. Only cost me about 8 dollers to get and I can make two of them now. Its going to be a 1x1x1 Figured that was a safe height for them. I am going to put dowel rods in the middle to create a climbing spot get pics up when I get finshed with it.