Ball Python w/ follicles

Discussion in 'Ball Pythons' started by xjulezxo, Mar 19, 2011.

1. xjulezxo

xjulezxo New Member

Hello all =)

So my ball python definitely is plump. I took her over to the animal hospital for an ultra sound and she does have follicles developing. My question is, how do I know if she is going to reabsorb them? I haven't seen her lock up with my male at all but that doesn't mean she hasn't. She also keeps basking and I thought she would be on the cooler end of the tank now.

If it helps, i can get a picture up and/or answer any questions. I'm just concerned because I'm not sure if I should order some vermiculite now or if I could wait until I'm certain she is gravid.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. supernova

supernova Member

Is she wrapping around her water bowl? My female has been wrapping around her water bowl for about 3 weeks now and that is a sure sign she may be gravid. I would wait to order your incubation supplies until you see lumping along the snakes body, a sure sign she will be giving you babies.

If you can get a picture of her extended from the top to show her body structure, trust me, you can tell very early on.

EDIT: From the date of the post I would assume she gave you little gifts or she reabsorbed them.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Member

The signs:
    Wrapping around the water bowl, lumping: Follicle building
    Ovulation (looks like she swallowed a jumbo rat, tail looks pinched, lasts 24 hours, often missed).
    Hugging the heat, inverted basking, 'Glowing'--gravid
    Resting in a perfect circle, moving and twisting restlessly periodically--will lay soon.

The 'glow' is when the snake's color lightens and brightens. In some snakes, this is so significant, they look like a different animal! There's a saying I've heard--"They glow before they go".

Yingarna, not gravid, normal colors:
    [​IMG]

Yingarna, gravid and glowing:
    [​IMG]

Eme Demiri likes this.
  6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Eme Demiri

Eme Demiri Member

she is glowing !

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. dogking

dogking HOTM Winner September

thats pretty cool! is that a just a spider or something else? thanks for showing the pics!

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. WingedWolf

WingedWolf Member

She's a really nice woma. :) Very underrated morph, needs more attention. As you can see, a GOOD woma is the rival of any spider, and does even better in some combos. Womas are more orange, while spiders are more yellow.