Bearded Dragon Lost! Help!

Discussion in 'Bearded Dragons' started by Karlee, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Karlee

Karlee Member

Please help me, i have a seven inch female bearded dragon named Kiki. I was outside with her because it was warm and we were sitting in the front yard when she ran off:oops: . She means the world to me and I need her back. I put out her food and a heat lamp and a shelter for her in my garage in case she comes back but, I just need help finding her. :(

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Hello, Karlee, I'm sorry to hear about your beardie. Have you posted fliers in your area yet? If it's warm enought that she will be running around during the day, someone is bound to notice a big beardie gallavanting around. She is not likely to have gotten far. What kind of area are you living in temperature wise, and is it suburban, country, or other? I'm just trying to think of a list of places for you to look.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. Karlee

Karlee Member

Suburban Texas neighborhood. And no about the fliers although I did inform the neighbors and shown them a photo of her.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Cammy

Cammy ReptileBoards Addict

Well I would definitely put out signs informing more than just your direct neighbors. She may have gone off a few streets in either direction. In the suburbs, she is most likely to be keeping close to the houses for security (hiding in planted areas, piles of leaves, or underneath sheds, porches/decks, generators, etc.) so maybe you can ask people to look there. Maybe you can even put an ad up on craigslist in the lost and found section. Hopefully she will show up before it gets too cold for her out there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. StikyPaws312

StikyPaws312 Moderator

You might also want to call around to your local vets or animal shelters to see if they have heard of any beardies coming in or being called in for rescue.... I hope you find her!