Bearded Dragons

Discussion in 'General Discussion and Introductions' started by miniwheat, Mar 3, 2005.

1. miniwheat

miniwheat Embryo

Hello,
    I have had my Beardie for 2 years now! He's been doing awesome until this morning. He threw up all in his cage and he has a yellow tint to him. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? Unfourtantely we really don't have a reptile expert around here..
    Thank-You Teresa

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Crazy_Fool1

Crazy_Fool1 Member

bad sushi? lol is the yellow tint not normal like when he warms up and lightens his color? need more facts, here though teresa, like heat temps, diet, vitamins, basking temps, size of tank, anythign like that would be needed to diagnose the problem. if it continues though definitly cause to see a herp vet though

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. miniwheat

miniwheat Embryo

His tank is a 55 gallon tank...The diet consists of crickets mustard greens carrots when he feels like eating them.... apple slices. The tank temp is usually at 80 degrees. His appetite is always good. I haven't introduced any new foods to him the only viatamins he gets is calcium on his crickets.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. vetteman21

vetteman21 Member

the temps are WAY too low, they should be up around 100 degrees, 80 is ok for the cool side

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Crazy_Fool1

Crazy_Fool1 Member

yes his basking spot has to be over 100 degrees or else he cant diugest anythign but general tank temp should be around 85 - 95. try that... and u peel the apple slices b4 u give them to him right?