Best way to feed live crickets

Discussion in 'Feeder Forum' started by eclipse45, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Pebo

Pebo New Member

That is so cool!! LoL, i must sound like a nerd but that's awesome! :mrgreen:

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Carlos_n_Paco

Carlos_n_Paco Member

be sure to let us know how it works.....ok?

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. zarffyn

zarffyn Member

Will do. I'll post an update sometime next week after my leo(s) (which I get tomorrow! woo-hoo!) eat.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Pebo

Pebo New Member

sweeet.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. MorbidAngel527

MorbidAngel527 Embryo

I avoid all off that, I use Can O' Cricks. It works awesome. He loves them, and he's a plump boy. So it's not unhealthy.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Pebo

Pebo New Member

Well see the problem is, certain herps(like Tokays) wont eat dead food... They hunt for their food and they won't accept it any other way...It'd be nice if I could just throw some dead ones in there, but she'd probably die before she ate them.

12. reptiler13

reptiler13 Embryo

petco has a cricket keeper one can house 30 and the other 150 i think the big one is 17$ to me that wasn't to bad i could buy alot and not have to go to the store all the time. plus i am not that creative and if i made something they would get out. the keeper is easy to clean and has plastic tubes that they crawl into, which makes it easy to dump them into the cage. i feed mine 8 to 9 every other day and keep meal worms in all the time. (i have 4 leos in each cage)

13. chris_wade

chris_wade New Member

yeh can o crix is good if you can get them to feed on it. 99% of leo's i know will not touch any of that stuff. if you have baby leo's and feed them crix the best way is to remove the back legs. i know a lot of big breeders who do this because the babies aent so fast and cant catch them at all. it also give you a chance to catch them should any escape. ive had enough with crix so i use locusts now lol.

14. froggeegurl

froggeegurl New Member

My boyfriend and I have a Kricket Keeper that we use when feeding our toads.. (we haven't gotten the gecko yet but.. only about 3 more weeks :) ) and it works GREAT!! It's soo easy cuz they climb up in the tubes all by themselves and I never have to touch them. And when we need to clean it we just get them all in the tubes, clean out the cage, dump them out of the tubes, clean the tubes, and we're done, no escapees!

15. chris_wade

chris_wade New Member

yeh they sound quite good. i never used one. the only problem is my baby leo's cant catch the criz lol which is why i keep them all on locusts now. even the adults are starting to take locusts. then i dont have to breed locusts and crix.