BIG Lizard Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Lizards' started by Frost_Wraith, Aug 13, 2004.

1. herpslave

herpslave Member

You can have 2 rankins dragons. They are like mini 14 inch beardies, very cool! Best of all they can be housed each in about a 55 gallon I believe.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Dylacat

Dylacat Member

Klik~As far as I know, it's not. It's a pic I got off of a site of a reputable uro breeder. He does look rather large, and as well as I can remember, I believe that I've seen a lot of pics of uros being a little thicker like that. I'd love to get a cpl someday.

Rebecca

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. KLiK

KLiK Well-Known Member

oh ok. yea the mali uromastyx is an awsome looking lizard. i would love to have one

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. finalfox

finalfox Embryo

water dragons as a pet?

hey im new here and trying to get a young asian water dragon. By no means am i a pro but i do work with this sort of stuff all the time. I know how to take care of them but im not sure if i can handle one. i have $600 to get it and i know i can get a take and it and etc for abot $350 but is it worth getting as a pet or should i try to get something else?

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. finalfox

finalfox Embryo

water dragons as a pet?

hey im new here and trying to get a young asian water dragon. By no means am i a pro but i do work with this sort of stuff all the time. I know how to take care of them but im not sure if i can handle one. i have $600 to get it and i know i can get a tank and it and etc for about $350 but is it worth getting as a pet or should i try to get something else?

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Murtin

Murtin New Member

Get a savannah Monitor. Rumoured to get to 5-8 feet. Babies could easily live in a tank like that for awhile.

12. camdalizardman18

camdalizardman18 New Member

get a beardie, that would be the best choice for your scenario, tree frogs are pretty cool to have too but you have to worry about moisture and things of that sort

i agree with ever one on the beardie

reptilemarket.com has agreat selection(its want adds and classifieds but many experienced breeders go there to sell their lot of hatchlings, juvi s and adults

13. geckofreak562

geckofreak562 Member

Go with the savanah monitor.

14. kavinos

kavinos Member

Firstly frost, what reptiles/snakes have you kept in the past? which have you handled, and which have you worked with?

If you have never had anything all that large please dont go for a monitor or iggy. There a huge commitment, not to mention potentially dangerous.

Why not something half way in between, a nice beardie maybe? water dragons? maybe even skinks or somin.

But I wouldn't say a monitor unless you really know what you are doing.

Sorry I dont meen to sound patronising, ive just seen so many mistakes

15. camdalizardman18

camdalizardman18 New Member

maybe even a dwarf monitor such as an ackie or something like that, they only get at a maximum fof 28"-30" i think, i dont know if someone already said this but its what i am saying now.

if kavinos or another expirienced keeper might say that that still might be to much work

so.. i still stand by a beardie, all the way, they make awesome pets and they love attention