BIG snakes

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by conservationist, Oct 23, 2006.

1. conservationist

conservationist Member

Hey how many of you have a big snake, and if you do lets see some pictures.

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. mfarley

mfarley New Member

That could be taken in the wrong context..

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. conservationist

conservationist Member

ha ha ha i didnt mean it like that, its a reptile site you ***.

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

what kind of snakes are you looking for...? I've got a few that are getting there, but I can't say they are huge yet...

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. Blake_Herman

here's the male annie... sorry his color looks like crap, but this pic shows his size... I'll see if I can get some pics of the retics too...

[​IMG]

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. conservationist

conservationist Member

yeah thats a beautiful snake ive always wanted an anaconda but just havent been able to get one. Whats his temperment like?

12. Samael

Samael New Member

i have an albino burmese, born in june of this year so not big yet, but i see the other siblings from the same litter and she is about twice as long and much wider than them.

13. Blake_Herman

this annie is great. he doesn't show any aggression and is really easy going... I got very lucky with finding mine...

14. conservationist

conservationist Member

yeah it sounds like it , ive always heard that annies were pretty bad tempered. Well good luck with it.

15. Blake_Herman

thanks, here's a current pic of the super tiger... but PLEASE keep in mind that she's in full shed, she's normally so much prettier than this...

[​IMG]

16. conservationist

conservationist Member

yeah thats a cool snake, about how much do you feed the annie and the tiger? ive thought about geting a big snake but i was just wondering what the feeding cost were, and by the way , what do you keep them in?

17. Blake_Herman

the big ones are in visions, for example this super tiger is for now in a 4.5' x 3' x 18" and then the annie is in a 6' x 3' x 18"... as far as feeding goes it can get pretty crazy with the big ones. I have a breeder that I go to for my rabbits and I've worked out a pretty nice deal but it's all in comparision. The group of guys I go to her with (me and 2 other guys I work with) come home with 150-200 pounds of rabbit every time we go to see her...

The super eats 3 pounders each feeding right now but she's growing quick, and the annie is on 5 pound rabbits... I have 8 snakes that currently eat rabbits and many more that are on their way... what kind of "large" snake are looking into?

18. conservationist

conservationist Member

Well ive always liked annies and sorta thought of retics & burms, but i think im going to end up getting an annie i just have to wait till i have a place to keep it, but i really want one. Oh yeah and if you dont mind, about how much money does it cost you to feed your annie? Thanks

19. anaconda_snakes

anaconda_snakes Embryo

The super tiger is a burmese, right?

20. blueram

blueram Embryo

6' male green Burm, 7.5 ' female albino, 8.5' male albino, 12' albino female and no camera. And the Super Tiger is the homozgous form of a Tiger Retic.

21. Blake_Herman

my annie is pretty cheap to feed just because of the rabbit connection we have... but I'm just going to warn you, an anaconda is SOO much dirtier than any other snake I've cared for so far so it's going to take a pretty strong stomach and really dedicated routine to keep up with them... it's just not a beginner snake in any sense... you know what I mean? You need some experience with other large snakes before you move to an annie...

retics are a breeze compared to them...

22. conservationist

conservationist Member

ok thanks for the advice, i think ill rethink the annie thing

23. Skunky

Skunky Well-Known Member

Interesting to hear that Blake. Why would you say 'condas are more difficult than retics?

24. Blake_Herman

they are SOOO much dirtier and so much more difficult to handle... we are talking constant cleanups with that one... the retics normally give me a couple days or so at least between cleanings...

and if it had to come down to it, I'd much rather be bit by a retic than an annie... ;)

25. conservationist

conservationist Member

yeah thats some good info to have if your deciding between the two huh.