BIG snakes

Discussion in 'Other Pythons' started by conservationist, Oct 23, 2006.

1. wasme

wasme Embryo

the pics are amazing, i dont know how you do it. They are so big.. I will stick with my bearded dragon!!!!

2. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

3. Under_Cuver

Under_Cuver New Member

I like his snakes because their ver weight and obese lik ethe snakes on the other forums. Now I will like hiw if he gives them plenty of room to swim.

4. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

5. honor_your_life

honor_your_life New Member

i got a baby burmese, his name is dante.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm getting a few more burms and 1.1 retics some time soon! :) cant wait!

Under_cover his snakes aren't over weight at all! Those are probably some of the more healthier snakes on the forum. And how do you know how much room he has for em? Have you seen his containers?

6. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

7. Under_Cuver

Under_Cuver New Member

I said I like his snake because it is NOT over weight. Thats hard to find these days. Make sure you give your giant snake lots of space to swim to: honor your life.

8. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

9. honor_your_life

ill give him enough room to soak properly. he doesnt need to swim.

10. JEFFREH

JEFFREH Administrator

11. Blake_Herman

Blake_Herman Well-Known Member

it's really difficult to compete though, because with the way they feed theirs, they all are growing faster than mine, and that sucks... I just fed a couple of the retics the other night. The male tiger ate two 3 lbs rabbits and the female super tiger ate two 3.5 lbs rabbits. As for the annie, he's still refusing food. He ate great for the first couple months, but he hasn't taken anything in about 3 months now. And then my lavender albino is still scared of rabbits and I failed this time to trick her into eating one... :roll: she's at 11 ft now and still wants to eat rats...

honor your life, good luck with the burm... has he eaten for you yet? post some pics up after he sheds, I'd love to see him...

12. honor_your_life

yeah he's eaten. Really hard to feed him though, he'll only take a adult mouse a night with all the lights off and hiding in his hide. He'll eat live though in a tub, but i want him to eat f/t. I just need to get some rats in and hopefully he'll eat like a champ. Otherwise he's doing great. I got some pictures of him out of his shed. Just need to get some batteries for the camera.

Good Luck with the retic and the annie! I hate when snakes don't feed, it worries me. :D Your snakes look good and healthy.

13. Blake_Herman

thanks, I know what you mean with "hard to feed"... with the albino I'll probably just have to trick her with rats again... she's smart though, even if I rub a rat all over the front half of the rabbit and offer it to her, she'll lick it several times and then back off... it's all about the element of surprise with her... I'm going to have to feed her a rat, and then when she's waiting for the second one, just slide the head of the rabbit over the edge of the tub and WHAM! that's the only time she'll take the stupid rabbits... I just didn't have any rats thawed out the other night... she can eat 3+ lbs rabbits and prefers a 350 gram rat instead? Does that make any sense to anyone else??

14. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Hmmm guess she like smaller portions...geez if you cut her food into smaller pieces you wouldnt have this problem...HAHA

They just have a mind of there own man. Always how its goingg to be unfortunately but thats part of the joy keeping them. It wouldnt be any fun if they dindt make you work.

15. Blake_Herman

16. honor_your_life

hmmm, feed her lots of rats. I know people with burms that are only fed rats, and their snakes are quite large. But mind you they breed their own rats. Hmm hopefully she eats blake. I wish mine would just eat in the feeding tub haha. But keep trying! I'm sure your tic will come around! :D

17. Blake_Herman

Yeah, I hope she does too... back when she was like 4 ft smaller and all I was offering her was rats, she would eat like 4 or 5 large, so I would hate to see what she would eat now... :cry: we're talking even at wholesale feeder prices of like $15 meals...

18. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

You Know my yellow anacondas have been off feed for a little while now maybe 6 weeks

19. Blake_Herman

you think that's bad? my green has been off feed now for about 3 months... not even the slightest bit interested in anything... it's getting to the point where I'm not sure what to do...

I'm sorry to hear that, are you just waiting it out?

oh, and an update on the albino retic... I tricked her into eating about 1.5 lbs rabbit a few days ago, but she ended up taking 4 jumbo rats with it... well, however it happened, she's fat now... :wink:

20. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

Sounds like you need to just breed your own rats Blake. My buddy has started and goiing well and I will probably be doing a little bit to help with are stock pile of frozen and live.

Maybe you should do rabbits too! haha

21. Blake_Herman

We bred our own rats for the past 2 years and we finally just stopped like 2 weeks ago... and honestly, I could not be happier... even though we were getting the food for the rats at SUPER cheap prices, the cages we got all for free and still it was more trouble than buying them... I just couldn't find a local rat dealer and I finally found one... ;) so now I get them super cheap and we don't have to put up with them anymore...

and we have a great lady for rabbits too... :D and then a couple back-ups if that ever goes wrong...

22. Snake_God_666

Snake_God_666 New Member

Blake when you gonna gimme that green conda?

23. Blake_Herman

he ripped one of my nice shirts this morning during a presentation at an elementary school... it got some laughs from the kids though... :wink:

24. burky_tc

burky_tc Member

How did he rip your shirt?

25. Blake_Herman

it was a button down shirt and he decided to attempt to make his way through a couple of the buttons and he managed to get stuck... so the option we were left with was to just rip the button off... wasn't a big deal, but it was kind of funny...